Alignment Vinyasa - A system of yoga inspired by Anusara principles of alignment. Challenging poses linked together with breath and the opportunity to explore the full spectrum of postures (standing, twisting, back bending, arm balancing, inversions).
Hatha Yoga - A physical practice of poses to create awareness. There are many styles of Hatha Yoga, such as Iyengar, Vinyasa Flow, Power and Restorative. All styles aim to create a balance of strength & flexibility for the mind, body and spirit.
Iyengar Yoga - A system of yoga named after the living yoga instructor, B.K.S Iyengar, who is in 90's and still practicing and teaching yoga. This style emphasizes precision, sequence and subtlety. Postures may be held for more extended periods of time, allowing an intensive investigation of the deeper layers of practice.
Vinyasa Flow Yoga - An exhilerating style of yoga where postures flow one into the other and focus on cultivating breath with movement.
Restorative Yoga - Postures sometimes done with props (blankets, bolsters, chairs, etc.) holding for a longer time which allows the body and nervous system to deeply relax.
Prenatal Yoga- Class is designed to create an environment where you can connect with your baby, and get a fantastic work out that is safe, effective for labor, and postpartum. Techniques include: Yoga Postures (Stretching, Strengthening, Endurance) Breathing, Deep Relaxation, Manta and Restorative. Therapeutic practice for milk production, and pelvic strengthening pre and postpartum. Baby OM - A yoga practice for both the postpartum mom and the newborn to pre-walking baby. Interaction, communication, touch, play and fun with baby are included in class, as well as asana for the new mom such as shoulder and chest opening, rebuilding core strength, restorative postures, and chanting/breathing with baby.
Pilates Mat -This all-levels class focuses on the traditional Pilates Matwork exercises. Included in this focus are the Pilates Principles. They are: concentration, control, center, fluidity, precision, breath, imagination, intuition, and integration. The exercises are presented with an emphasis on proper and efficient use of the torso muscles, or core, resulting in strengthened and lengthened muscles, improved posture, and a greater awareness of body alignment. Modifications and variations are used when appropriate, as well as therabands, balls, blocks and foam rollers.
Individual Yoga Instruction (by appointment) - A practice designed for the individual needs of the student.
Guidelines & Etiquette:
* If you are new we suggest you try several different styles of classes to find which is appropriate for you.
* Arrive 5-10 min. before class to sign-in & set up.
* No reservations are required, but some classes fill up.
* Notify the instructor of any injuries before class.
* Mats & props are provided for your use.
* Wear comfortable clothing you can move in.
* Avoid eating 1-2 hrs. before class if possible.
* Turn off cell phones.
* Class begins & ends with a silent relaxation.
* Take valuables inside studio.
* Leave shoes outside of studio.
* If you are late or need to leave early, be mindful & courteous of your fellow students.
* Be patient & work at your own pace. Breathe. Progress comes with practice.